Don't Forget To Click "Continuez"

and finish reading posts in which I had especially a lot of things to say!

Friday, February 5, 2010

La Dernière Chance...

...To change my schedule! Today was the last day of the add/drop period for IES and the University and I DID make one last change (haha I know, I've been very indecisive).

I am keeping all of the IES classes in which I was previously enrolled (Grammar, Phonetics, Middle East, and Art History). However, I decided to drop ("abandonner") the Archeology course at the University because I had missed a class or two (because the class started before the IES program started), I couldn't keep up with the professor, and because I wasn't very interested in the material I could understand. Therefore, I am replacing it with another course at the University:  another Art History course, but a Contemporary Art History course (the one offered here at IES focuses on Neoclassical, Romantic, Impressionist, and other non-Contemporary genres of art). It meets 2 hours a week (Thursday 12-2) and it lasts only 7 weeks (starting mid March and ending in late April).

Pros:
*I can make it to all of the classes (I don't have to start off behind)
*I can concentrate on my 4 other courses for the time being and around finals time
*The professor has a good relationship with IES
*All previous IES students really enjoyed and succeeded in his classes

Cons:
*We'll just have to wait and see....hahaha 

But I'm confident that I've made the right decision! I'm very happy with my course load and love all of my IES classes!

IES organized a trip to Normandie tomorrow. I will make a photo album and post an update on how the trip was!


For my winter break (Feb 19-28), I'm pretty sure that I'm going to Belgium (Brussels) after London and Venice. There will DEFINITELY be photo albums from these places!!













Bon weekend!
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment